Auto-size/Customize width of ArcGIS.com map popups

11-04-2011 05:58 AM
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

When longer field/alias names are user they do not work very well since the pop-ups are a fixed size.  Can the pop-ups be auto-sized to ensure the entire field name AND the values are visible?

0EM30000000CtLq

40 Comments
EkremCanli2

It's 2020 already, the idea was first posted in late 2011 - and we still can't set the size of the pop-up window for the map/scene view. Any update on this? Thanks!

ClintChappell

I just ran into the same issue that MapSynch MapSynch‌ was having with their pop up.  Turns out the pop up does not like underscores in the field alias.  Go to your web map, configure the pop up and replace the underscores with spaces and it made the pop up cleaner.  

LarsArneson

It is now 2021, ten years since it was originally requested. Is there any movement forward on this?

There are other posts with questions about this 
https://community.esri.com/t5/classic-esri-story-maps/squinting-and-scrolling-thru-my-popups/td-p/99...

This one says that it is solved but it is just suggesting a work-around:
https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-online-questions/arcgis-online-change-pop-up-window-size/m-p/58...

If this has been implemented I feel like I would have found it?

I tagged a few people whose names kept popping up:
@KellyGerrow @Anonymous User @OwenGeo @JustMapSynch 

Thanks!

by Anonymous User

Are we still waiting this functionality in 2021? 😞

LarsArneson

@Anonymous User Unfortunately it seems that way.. I'm not sure how to generate enough interest to get someone working on it. I went to the ESRI conference in 2019 and was able to talk to a software developer about getting the ArcMap mirror edit tool ported into ArcGIS Pro. Within a month or two of that in-person request that small change was added in an update!

SimonSchütte_ct

The new Map Viewer does not have this issue:

SimonSchtte_ct_0-1658817336685.png

(auto line breaks)

Arsha_Amiranti

Any update on this?

FrancisHourigan1

I still think being able to customize the ration is better than an autosize solution. For example, if you want to add a file path or URL link and have it fit the specific window size you want, it should automatically wrap that link text.

edward33

Would also find this beneficial- I noticed it seems to auto size in the new map viewer but it doesn't translate into the Web App Builder apps

Jones_AJ

Any update on this effort? Currently pop-ups are lacking a lot of functionality yet are such an important part of building maps in ArcGIS Online. We can't even resize the pop-up formatting box itself to make it easier to inside. The fact that disabling non-NULL fields in a field list is still not an option and requires significant Arcade and HTML work to get working is frustrating as well.