Animate View Along Path in Web Scenes

07-17-2019 12:44 PM
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

Given the direction that hopefully Esri is going in, I thought it would be nice if it would be possible to have a first person point of view/camera that would move along a given path facing any set direction. I don't know if this could be made possible sometime down the road but just thought to mention it.

Robert

6 Comments
JanettBaresel

Hi Robert,

Could you give us some more background on your request? So what is the exact use case?What kind of scene do you have and what is the goal of the animation?

Some more follow up questions:

When you say "a first person point of view/camera that would move along a given path", how would you want to define that path? points along the path, or do you have a line feature you would want to use? You also mentioned "facing any set direction" is that something like "look to the right" or "keep look at this point"?

Thanks,

Janett

RPGIS
by

Hi Janett,

I would like to define the path based on a line segment(s), and/or a point

or points. The use case is I have a model where I want to be able to add

points and/or a line segment(s) which would allow for the user to look

around based with a first person point of view. I want to be able to also

have a defined path that the user could click on and have the point of view

follow the path while also allowing the user to look around while moving

along the path. I would like to also be able to set the direction in which

the camera could face while also moving along the line segment. Another

thing I'm looking to add is to set the camera facing angle/point of view to

a locked focal point while moving along the line segment. Any of these

additions added online would be greatly appreciated. I'm still working on

the model but I would like to have these capabilities added.

Thanks,

Robert

XuewenZhang

Hi Robert, 

ArcGIS Earth supports to animate view along path through Line of Sight and Viewshed. You can have a try. Interactive analysis—ArcGIS Earth | Documentation 

Thanks,

Xuewen

RPGIS
by

Thanks Xuewen.

I was looking to see if it could be done with local scenes. Or if not, if it could be in ArcGIS Online in some manner using other applications.

Robert

festrada-ayala

Yes this would be great to have! I just saw a Demo at the ESRI UC 2023. It was ArcGIS Pro: Tips & Tricks for Authoring Animations, presented by Nathan Shephard. Someone brought this request up and there were several of us that were interested.

festrada-ayala

Actually the demo I saw was about creating animations in Pro, not Web Scenes, but it would be awesome to have both. If someone can point me to the place to request this functionality in Pro, I’m happy to do it. Thank you!