Select to view content in your preferred language

Alphabetize domain values

11-14-2023 12:32 PM
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I have a long list of values in my domain and it would be extremely helpful if I could click a button to alphabetize rather than moving each row individually. 

3 Comments
RobertBorchert

You may need to sort them in the Pro or ArcMap project from which the service was created. 

one way you can do it is to run Domain to Table. Sort your values and do Table to Domain

Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor

This particular layer is tied to a solution so it was not created in Pro

HollyTorpey_LSA

This functionality is sorely needed. We have lots of field data collection templates with very long lists of species. We get asked to add new species now and then and getting them into the right order is painful. I know I could sort them in Pro as @RobertBorchert mentioned above, but often the feature services are in active use in Field Maps and I can't overwrite them. Even if I could, having to open Pro, add them to a project, export them to a GDB, run Sort Coded Value Domain, and then re-publish them is much more onerous than it should be. And what about smaller organizations that are online only? I know many small nonprofits that use this model and would be out of luck. There really should just be a simple sort button. I look for it with great hope after every update.