Allow WAB Widgets to Interact with Each Other

04-13-2017 12:03 PM
JacobSiech1
New Contributor III

It would be great if the widgets in the WAB were able to interact with each other.  This is similar to how the widgets interact in operation dashboard however this I think would also be helpful in WAB.  To be a little more specific I would like to use the select widget select some features and then use the query widget based on that selection or the Attribute widget based on the selection that I made with the select widget.  This could also be reversed use the query widget and then be able to select the results from the query using the select widget.  There are a lot of interactions with the many widgets that are in WAB to say them all but it would be nice to have the option among some of the widgets expectantly the select widget.

1 Comment
deleted-user-1DgXLB97-Zp8

Agree!  If ESRI are providing an alternative web based version of Operations Dashboard with the WAB Dashboard, then they need to provide all the functionality that existed in Operations Dashboard. 

If the widgets and map do not support the currently selected features as source/input to other widgets- to filter their visualisations, then all you have is a static map and widgets and users will user other Dasboards like PowerBI for point based features. 

For example, if you have risk field with 3 categories in a pie chart, low, moderate, high, clicking on the segment for high should highlight all features the features that are 'high' on the map, and filter all other widgets, it's been setup like that.  This is functionality exists in the desktop application Operations Dashboard and it's what users expect.  

ESRI please tell me it's going to come in a near future release?!