Allow ArcGIS Pro and AGO to see "NULL" values

03-05-2020 08:14 AM
janispaulsen
Occasional Contributor

Hello, we have many layers with data in them which may hold "NULL" values.  We have had no trouble symbolizing these values in ArcMap, however now that we are moving to Pro and AGO, these records are not displaying.  

Please come up with a solution so that Pro and AGO will see these values.  We have dozens of data layers that could potentially be impacted and it would be very time consuming to have to edit all of these.  

Additionally, there are some data providers for whom a "NULL" value cannot be correctly replaced with a zero.

It is a know issue Problem: Data represented by null values are not symbolized on the map in ArcGIS Online 

1 Comment
KoryKramer

Hi janis paulsen

How are you symbolizing Null data currently in ArcMap?  How are you bringing data into Pro (importing mxds [is the symbology not maintained as expected], adding ArcMap layer files [same question, is the symbology not maintained as expected], just adding the same data directly from the data source into ArcGIS Pro and setting up symbology again)?

Having some more details about the above would be helpful.  When I have Null values in my example below, I'm able to display the 'Show values out of range' functionality in ArcGIS Pro.

Please let us know if that works for you.  If it doesn't, please provide more details.

Thanks