Adjust Copyright Text - Ability to toggle on/off and reorder

04-15-2015 08:13 AM
AmoryHillengas1
New Contributor II
I'd like the ability to customize the copyright text that appear in the bottom right of web maps/apps in AGO. I create maps with many layers, some of which I do not own and come from other departments within my organization (and I can't change the actual text of those ones). I'd like my name to appear first in the credits and/or be able to cut down the text as it can be overwhelming with many layers. The order in which the credits appear is dependent on the order in which they were added to the map. So, typically the basemap credits are first.

I suggest the ability to toggle the copyright text on/off for each layer and to easily re-order them. 
Tags (2)
2 Comments
AndrewQuee
Does this help?  https://community.esri.com/thread/99284

I can't find the reference now, but I'm sure this has been asked before and an Esri rep said that the credits were mandatory, which is why you can't get rid of them.
JamesLewis

Hi Both,

How do I add a copyright statement for a feature layer in ArcGIS Online that is then displayed on the map? Do I have to update the source data description and then publish to AGOL again?

Thanks,

James