Add "not" to filtering members in ArcGIS Online/Portal

06-26-2019 07:06 AM
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

The new administrative groups are helpful, I'm already dividing my users into groups based on their department to help us manage them. It would be great if we could also filter them in the Organization Member list like this:

Show users NOT in Department 1

Show users NOT in a User Role and NOT in a Viewer Role

Maybe you could just click on the boxes for each expression (see below) to toggle them between NOT and IN

3 Comments
PatIampietro

It would be a great improvement if exclusive filter options (NOT) were added to the current choices. For example, find all users NOT licensed for a particular extension. We give everyone everything by default, but for users that came along before the default user settings, or before certain extensions became available, etc., it is a tedious process to find and enable them.

A "switch selection" option would also accomplish a similar thing, albeit with two steps instead of one.

Martin_Döllerer

I fully agree. That would be a great help for administering a great amount of users.

Happy GISing
Mascht

PatIampietro

Note: this is related to another Idea, which requests additional filter enhancements besides "NOT":

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-online-ideas/agol-admin-make-user-filters-work/idi-p/937925