Select to view content in your preferred language

Add "Newest Members" section to Administrators Organization view

08-29-2024 06:12 PM
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA
Honored Contributor

In ArcGIS Online, I've been in the process of adding bulk users to a new organization, but it's been a bit frustrating trying to cross check at-a-glance who has accepted invitations and who hasn't with a list maintained in a spreadsheet (from another organization). 

I then discovered, that if I log in with a non-Administrator account, there is this handy little window showing the newest members to join! 

IDEA: Add the same window to the Administrator view of the Organization page, or add a "joined date" option to the sorting list on the Members page. 

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_1-1724980045005.png

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_0-1724980039554.png

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_2-1724980296499.png

4 Comments
AndreasHall

If you sort the member list on Last login, and order from oldest date to newest, members who have been added but not yet logged in, will be seen as Never. Does this work for your purposes?

AndreasHall_0-1724993733313.png

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA

Not really - I find that plenty of users have joined by clicking on a link to the org (e.g. from our intranet) and not through the invitation. Then they get added without their customised group settings, roles, etc. So then I need to update them and they don't have a "Never" value in the Last Login date - just mixed in with everyone else. 

JonathanMcD

In AGOL, like I do with Enterprise, I have a Group setup called New Member Admin which everyone is defaulted to. I've done this, especially with Portal, as it's single sign-on therefore I'm not directly managing user accounts and don't know when someone has chosen to join off the links I have posted.

My own process is to then check this group, viewing new members, and the only thing I have to do is assign them any specific user role over what is the default that I've created, and add them to their specific service area group. I don't use default AGOL roles at all. After that is done, I just remove them from the New Member Admin Group.

For those that are sent invitations, you've already got them managed and, as shown above, if they don't log in then the invitation will expire. You won't have these users being added to a New Member Group, so will keep things clear as to how they've joined.

@LindsayRaabe_FPCWA 

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA

@JonathanMcD I like your workflow. This could definitely work as a workaround if required going forward (nearly at the end of our migration project so user management will be a lot easier).