Select to view content in your preferred language

Access Webmap information via Arcade

06-12-2024 11:39 PM
RichardHowe
Occasional Contributor III

It would be extremely useful to be able to access webmap information (title, itemID etc.) via arcade, in much the same way as you can access layer information.

e.g. via the GetFeatureSetInfo function

This would allow data and attributes within the map to utilise this information.

Tags (2)
5 Comments
breonko

You'll want to use the INTERSECTS function, this example should be everything you need to do what you described. You'll access attributes from the intersected feature using dot notation.

JonathanMcD

@RichardHowe agree, would be useful, especially where you may have a feature layer being "serviced" by many maps etc and you want to log where information has come from.

@breonko Intersects is really useful for data capture, yup, but I think Richard is meaning the details from the created map rather than the relationship between layers in a map.

RichardHowe

@breonko That works fine between two layers within the webmap, but it can't give me the webmap title for example

RichardHowe

@JonathanMcD Precisely! You get me 🙂

breonko

@RichardHowe wrote:

It would be extremely useful to be able to access webmap information (title, itemID etc.) via arcade, in much the same way as you can access layer information.

e.g. via the GetFeatureSetInfo function https://vlc.onl/

This would allow data and attributes within the map to utilise this information.

I got this,...