360 Spherical Image Support for Feature Attachments

05-02-2018 07:14 AM
DanAllen
Occasional Contributor III

360 spherical images taken with devices such as the Ricoh Theta are becoming common in many industries supported by GIS professionals.  Please add native support for viewing 360 spherical images when they are added as feature attachments to points in an ArcGIS.com map or Web AppBuilder app.

25 Comments
IngaPlayle1

This would be very useful

DeanaSchwarz

I am disappointed to see that this has been ongoing for 3 years and still no support for 360 degree photos. I very much hope that this is rectified as soon as possible. 360 degree photos are an integral component to map visualization. 

JaysonBrennen

Esri…. Please consider this.  It is 2022 and this important request has been on the list since 2018.   Need support for 3D photos and video 

ReedWhittington

We have this same requirement to view pano 360 photos of Manholes for a very important set of clients.  The simple approach of using a static web page that brings in a panoramic viewer (like photosphere or panolens.js ) is the preferred  approach as it allows the panoramic viewer to stand alone. 

Im curious if any one has tried using ArcGIS Enterprise Sites to set up a custom web page for a pano viewer.

Very much like @SteveCole has done here: https://umpqualsogproject.org/photosphere/index.html?diamondback_unit_05_01.jpg,Diamondback%20Unit%2...

But to use your ArcGIS Enterprise Sites for the pano viewer hosting and have the viewer load photos from shared directories/blob/object store (S3 bucket) for the .jpgs?

Jay_Geisen

I realize this is an old post, but I am also interested in this. Currently, we are hosting our 360 images in SharePoint. This works, of course, but it would be much cleaner if it could be done natively within the map or the Enterprise Site.