My 6th-grade students have learned quite a bit:
- how to create an excel spreadsheet correctly for ArcGIS Online
- how to convert to an csv file
- how to import the file to their map
- how to convert degree, minute, second coordinates to decimal degrees
- how to create map notes with information and an image
- how to save to a folder in a group
In this lesson, students will learn to add layers to their map that are useful to people looking at their map of reservoirs.
Please, comment. I made an error in my first lesson. I didn't tell students to make their longitude negative. I reached out for help and received it.