Select to view content in your preferred language

Updateing a Hosted Feature Layer Endpoint Renderer

2 weeks ago
LgoanHerald
New Contributor II

I'm having difficulty understanding something about updating the visualization for a hosted feature layer. I know that I can update the visualization for that feature layer. However, if I understand correctly, this never updates the drawing info for the feature layer endpoint. As such, any application that uses the endpoint will never see the updated styling. Is there a way to update the drawing info for the endpoint? Can you provide documentation that specifies this behavior? HostedFeatureLayerEndpoint.PNGHostedFeatureLayerVisualization.PNG

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Changes made to the default Visualization settings should propagate to anything using the service, but if the map / app using the layer has its own settings configured for the layer, those will override it. In the Map Viewer, you can tell a layer to revert back to the layer defaults, rather than store settings in the map. Any map where this is the case will automatically update with changes to the defaults.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
LgoanHerald
New Contributor II

The application I have is just using the endpoint for the given feature layer, in my attached screenshot you can see the drawing info for the feature layer endpoint was not updated after the changes to the visualization were made. The feature layer was created through ArcGIS online and I did not see anywhere in the layer settings where I could update the renderer that is stored in the endpoint. I'm not sure if there is a button or a setting that I missed but all I could find regarding this issue was another support thread 

0 Kudos
LgoanHerald
New Contributor II

I've added another screenshot to demonstrate that I am accessing the overview for the feature layer

0 Kudos
LgoanHerald
New Contributor II

I've attached an example of adding the feature layer with the URL for the hosted layer using the ArcGIS js API which matches the drawing info for the feature layer. apirenderedlayer.PNG

0 Kudos