Topology constraints in Sweet for ArcGIS

08-24-2022 08:43 AM
MatthewLaw_MM
New Contributor III

I'm developing an app with Sweet for ArcGIS and making use of the topology constraints features to only allow certain features (eg habitat polygons or species observation points) to be drawn within others (site boundaries), and to automatically clip the habitats to the boundaries when they are drawn partially outside. The way the map is set up at the moment, there is one feature layer for all boundaries, and this feature layer has a 'Type' field which records the type of boundary.

Is there any way to use different boundary features as different topology constraints, depending on the value of this Type field?

As an example, some of the features in the boundary feature layer are the original boundaries themselves, while others are buffers of these original boundaries. I'd like to be able to have some of the features (eg the habitats) use the original boundary as a topological constraint (so habitats clip to the site boundary), while other features (eg species observation points) use the buffers (so you could place a species observation point anywhere within eg 200 metres of the original site boundary). But at the moment, both the original boundaries and the buffers are within the same feature layer and are just differentiated by the 'Type' value.

Is it necessary to set up different feature layers for these different features to use them each as unique topological constraints?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Just adding the resolution from the support case this was raised under:

It could be possible to configure some kind of multi-choice HTML form input using an embedded HTML page (loosely described here) and hooking into the commands/trigger framework of Sweet. However, unless you have Developer exerperience, this would be over- complicating the matter.

0 Kudos
MatthewLaw_MM
New Contributor III

Hi Richard, apologies for the delayed response but I've just seen this and don't think that your answer here actually answers the question asked above, which refers to topology constraints when drawing features, not to multi-choice forms when populating attributes.

0 Kudos