Geoprocessing Service: output layer used as input layer

Jump to solution
02-15-2021 09:29 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have two custom geoprocessing tools (made with model builder and python scripts) through ArcMap that hosted through ArcGIS Server. The first tool outputs four layers as Feature classes. I select one layer from the output on the web app and use it as an input for the next tool. In my model, I use copy features on the input polygon. When I try to run the tool on the web app I get an error that "No features were found for processing." How can I appropriately use the output through AGOL to run the second tool? Is there a specific format I need to use for the layer or some sharing setting I need to do? (All of this works locally on ArcMap.)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavinWalker2
Esri Contributor

Without seeing the geoprocessing tools in question I can't provide any solid guidance.

However if your second tool takes the output of the first tool you could publish the output of the first tool as a feature service to AGOL and then use that as the input for your second tool.

Alternatively is it possible to combine the two tools into one service?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DavinWalker2
Esri Contributor

Without seeing the geoprocessing tools in question I can't provide any solid guidance.

However if your second tool takes the output of the first tool you could publish the output of the first tool as a feature service to AGOL and then use that as the input for your second tool.

Alternatively is it possible to combine the two tools into one service?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks! I just combined the tools and it works well now.

0 Kudos