This Week's Picks - ArcGIS Online

10-15-2019 11:12 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
15 0 1,772

I'm excited to introduce this completely unofficial recurring GeoNet blog post!

In my role as ArcGIS Online Product Advocacy Lead, I am continuously coming across informative, interesting, and inspiring content. Through "This Week's Picks" I hope to quickly share some of my favorites with you.

For this week, I want to touch on three topics I’ve seen a lot excitement about both here at Esri and within our user community.

New Map Viewer:

There are countless reasons to be excited about the New Map Viewer in ArcGIS Online. The beta is coming sometime this fall. Built on the ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.x, the New Map Viewer is flexible, fast, and intuitive. Highlights and how you will access the beta can be found here.

Calculate a Weighted Average with Arcade:

For a non-programmer like myself, it’s always a little mind-bending (in a good way) to see different uses of Arcade and try to implement them in my own projects. My colleague Christopher Zielinski wrote this post showing how to use a weighted average within multivariate symbology - it's an elegant way to quickly visualize trends in your Web Map.

Additional References:

Introduction to Distributed Collaboration (Video Demo):

If you've thought about setting up Distributed Collaboration between ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise, Esri Canada's two videos provide a succinct overview of how collaboration works, as well as a deeper dive into how items move across collaboration groups.

Additional References:

Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for This Week's Picks - ArcGIS Enterprise‌ & This Week's Picks - ArcGIS Pro‌! 

If you're interested, I'd love to connect on LinkedIn. You can follow me on Twitter, too. I regularly post / tweet GIS(ish) content to these platforms. 

-Peter