Notebooks with developer account

Jump to solution
12-17-2020 03:46 AM
Labels (1)
BrettSullivan
New Contributor II

Hi all - just wondering if someone can direct me on whether it is possible to use notebooks in AGOL with a developer account.  That would seem logical as a developer account is for coding against a trial organisation etc, but at first look it doesn't seem to be available. 

Many thanks,

Brett

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrettSullivan
New Contributor II

I have the solution - it is not available with the free plan.  It requires the builder plan or up for Notebooks to be available.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
BrettSullivan
New Contributor II

Yes I have seen those but when I actually follow the links to "sign in to my ArcGIS Online account" and then sign in using my developer account, I have no notebooks tab available.   It is as though notebooks is not enabled on my developer account.  

Am I missing a trick here - some kind of tick box in teh organisation settings?

0 Kudos
BrettSullivan
New Contributor II

Just bumping this thread - I still have not found a solution.  This document Enable ArcGIS Notebooks for your Oranisation  explains how to enable notebooks for your organisation, but when I look into member roles, where the doc above shows screenshots of a "Create And Edit Notebooks" option, my organisations settings do not have that item.

The link: 

ArcGIS Notebooks for Developers | Get Started with an ArcGIS Developer Subscription (esri.com)

leads me to a loop between that page and this one:

https://www.esri.com/en-us/arcgis/products/arcgis-notebooks/get-started

I can only conclude that ArcGIS Online Developer accounts do not support Notebooks, which does seem counter-intuitive.

0 Kudos
BrettSullivan
New Contributor II

I have the solution - it is not available with the free plan.  It requires the builder plan or up for Notebooks to be available.