Where to Subscribe to Live Traffic Data and Adding Another Provider

Jump to solution
09-11-2012 01:51 AM
FilipJung
Occasional Contributor
Hi,
I have a question regarding web services used to distribute Live Traffic data and generating DTF files. I have tried to look for this services both on NAVTEQ and TomTom websites and have not found anything.
I think that in documentation could be mentioned what type of service is it, so it could be easily searched. I tried to listen to web communication but target URLs have not given me any useful info.
Is it then some special service, which is not mentioned in Services/Products on provider's pages?

And another question is if would be posible to add our own service to list in Update Traffic Data Tool (do some configuration). Or is it only limited to listed providers? I am asking since our region is not in provided and we could have posibility to make such a service of our own.

Or would it be possible to make DTF file by ourselves?

Thanks much for answers and help.

Filip
Tags (2)
14 Replies
PatrickStevens
Esri Contributor

I asked around a bit and I think the TMC information is available from data documentation provided by traffic data providers, which has to be requested from the data providers (like Here or TomTom).  So, unfortunately, that kind of documentation isn't available for the tutorial data.  Sorry!

0 Kudos
PatrickStevens
Esri Contributor

It looks like your question was edited after I had received it, so I might not have answered your new question.  For that one:  Is there a list of country or region codes documented somewhere?

The 106 you see for San Diego is the country and region code that HERE (the data provider of our tutorial data) uses in their traffic feeds for the San Diego area. But a different traffic feed provider for San Diego might not use 106. 

Contact your traffic feed provider for the list of countries and regions that they use.

0 Kudos
BrittanyBurson2
New Contributor

Hi Patrick, thanks for your reply, lucky for us you are still at ESRI. So it sounds like if we are generating our own traffic feed provider those values can vary and aren't baked into the ESRI code. We are currently faking the historical data tables in order to use live traffic feed updates, which works well, but I'm fuzzy on the proper order of operations to update/add street segments after that. Would one manually add a new record into the TMC table to match the new street ID of a new segment in the street network, then rebuild? If I add a new street segment currently, it will not "absorb" it into the network dataset when I rebuild, which I think is because it has no related match yet in the TMC table. Appreciate any suggestions you may have, and thank you.

0 Kudos
PatrickStevens
Esri Contributor

Without going off and trying it myself, your steps sound correct.  Add the street, add an entry in the TMC tables, rebuild.

Perhaps a full rebuild is required, instead of an incremental rebuild.  Try to trick the build engine into thinking the whole network needs a rebuild, then do a build.  Like this:

Add an attribute, called whatever you want.

Click apply.

Delete the attribute you just added.

Click apply.

Build the network.

Then see if the new segment works with your live traffic.   I think there might be a problem in the network dataset where updates to the traffic tables don't trigger a full rebuild.  Let me know if the above steps work for you.

0 Kudos
MUSTAFAALIGOKKAYA
New Contributor

Hi Patrick, I really appreciated your helps here, took benefit of it a lot. I have a question about servicing this live traffic on arcgis server that we could display on map as a live traffic, we can only display historical traffic data. But we can display and route network on arcgis pro. What could it be done on arcgis server to display and serve the live traffic data exactly. Also we store network dataset on enterprise geodatabase 10.8.1 in Oracle and publish it on ArcGIS Server 10.8 or 10.9 by using ArcGIS Pro 2.8

0 Kudos