Where I can set Search tolerance?

12-13-2023 03:19 AM
DamianoMontrasio
New Contributor III

Hi, I'm using Pro 2.9 for publishing na service (route).

It appears that if I solve with REST a route from a Stop with z = 1000 m, it automatically snap at z = 2.

Previous returning an invalid location for specific Stop.

This is correct? Where I can set Search tolerance in ArcGIS Pro?

Is for setting Map Snap Tolerance in service.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
MaxZeng
Esri Contributor

Hey Damiano,

Locate settings were introduced in ArcGIS Pro 3.0, so you wouldn't see it in Pro 2.9. 

Locate in general

Network analysis layer location settings

Depending on your server version, your route NAServer service might have locateSettings parameter available to you. The parameter was introduced in 11.0. It essentially allows to change the locateSettings per request.

https://developers.arcgis.com/rest/services-reference/enterprise/route-sync-services.htm#ESRI_SECTIO...

0 Kudos
DamianoMontrasio
New Contributor III

Hi I've tried to overwrite service (AGE 10.9.1) with Pro 3.0, and 3 meters tolerance settings.

cattura.png

But solve find route also if Stop#2 has an exagerated "Z" (see below for the image)

cattura.png

ArcGIS Enterprise 10.3.1 is responding with an error...

cattura.png

Have you an idea why?

Thanks a lot....

Damiano

0 Kudos
DamianoMontrasio
New Contributor III

Hi all,

please there's anyone in ESRI tha can explains me why Network Analysis at Enterprise 10.9.1 for Stops z value snaps from 1000 meters to 2, when Max Snap Tolerance: is 3 Snap Tolerance Units: esriMeters?

DamianoMontrasio_2-1707906958405.png

I've set these preferences in ArcGIS Pro:

DamianoMontrasio_0-1707906862596.png

If I move Stops1 of 5 meters on Y I obtain correctly that Stop1 is invalid.

DamianoMontrasio_3-1707907047839.png

Why not on z values???

Thanks a Lot!

Damiano

0 Kudos
MaxZeng
Esri Contributor

Hey Damiano,

We identified this is a known issue when locating. We didn't account for Z values when applying search tolerance. We plan to fix the issue.

Thank you for brining this issue to our attention!

Max

0 Kudos
DamianoMontrasio
New Contributor III

Thanks Max,

This is a very great news...!!! After spending a lot o time to understand why in 10.7.1 there's no problem.

How long do you think it takes to have a patch for 10.9.1?

Thanks.

Damiano

0 Kudos
MaxZeng
Esri Contributor

Hey Damiano,

Sorry you run into this issue. We are trying to fix the issue in ArcGIS Pro 3.3/ Enterprise 11.3. To get a hot fix for 10.9.1, could you talk with your Esri account representative, and log a salesforce bug and request for a hot fix. Once we get a bug logged, it will be routed to my team to get a hot fix for 10.9.1. 

Thanks,

Max

0 Kudos