VRP for waste management

03-14-2016 08:22 AM
KlasÖstergren
New Contributor III

I'm working with a Project for optimizing retrieval of garbage. We have two trucks. Truck 1 load the garbage at the side of the truck while truck 2 load the load at the back. That means that truck 1 only can empty the bins standing at the right side of the road wilde truck 2 can empty bins on both left and right side of the road. How can i manage that in NetworkAnalyst?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I will defer to the wisdom of those that have done it before, but I would think "curb approach" would be option to consider first

U-turn policies—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

0 Kudos
KlasÖstergren
New Contributor III

I have only find the option to specify curb approach on the order and not on the route. Before I have made the analysis, I can't know which truck that will empty which bin. Is there any way to specify "curb approach" for each truck, or make this in Another way?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Oh... I have only seen it done the other way around... pick the truck, then determine the path which of course is totally appropriate for non-divided highways etc etc but less perhaps more optimal in housing developments where a rear-loading truck allows for both side pickup.  As I said, I will defer, although they use right-side pickup in my area where the houses are further apart on both sides of the road and the driveways are offset.

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Dan is correct that the Curb Approach settings are the way to control which side of the road a vehicle can stop on.  However, at this time, Curb Approach settings can be configured only for the orders, not for the vehicles.