VRP Breaks

01-28-2013 06:16 AM
OthelieA
New Contributor II
Does anyone know if it is possible to administer the breaks such that the driver must drive back to the depot for his/her break?
I have a time window for when the break can occur.
The assignmentRule is set to Preserve Route or relative sequence.
I don't know between which orders the break will fall.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
NaAn
by
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

You can create an order (using the depot location) to represent the break. If you don't care about the relative sequence between the break and the rest of the orders, you can set the assignment rule to be Preserve Route. Solver will find the low cost sequence for you.

Thanks.

Anna
0 Kudos
OthelieA
New Contributor II
Hi Anna,
thank you for your reply. The problem is I have to use preserve route and relative sequence, but I don't know when it will be most efficient to have the break in the sequence. I am not looking for the low cost sequence, I need to know the time and distance for the route as it is planned. However I guess your solution on making the break an order is the only option.
0 Kudos
NaAn
by
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

For the real orders, you can set the valid sequence number and set their assignment rule to "Preserve Route and Relative Sequence." For the break order, you can use an arbitrary sequence number (as long as it is not in use by the other order) and set the assignment rule to "Preserve Route." It should solve your problem.

Thanks.

Anna
0 Kudos
OthelieA
New Contributor II
Hi Anna,
thank you!
0 Kudos