Vehicle Routing Problem: multiple deliveries per week?

05-08-2017 03:35 PM
DavidSouth2
New Contributor

Hello GeoNet,

I am working on a complex Vechicle Routing Problem (VRP) that involves 'orders' getting multiple deliveries per week (as low as 1 delivery per 2 weeks to as high as 4 deliveries per 1 week). I am working to incorporate date and time information in the orders, but I cannot find a way to put in more than one per week.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you!

David South

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AsafBen-Ari
New Contributor III

Hi David,

I experienced a very similar problem, and unfortunately, the Network Analyst does not support creating "weekly schedule".

My solution was doubling the multiple delivers, and used specialties for differing the beginning of the week's customers than the end of the week ones.

You are also welcome to look at the answers I got a couple of months ago:

https://community.esri.com/thread/181601-creating-a-weekly-work-schedule#comments 

Asaf. 

0 Kudos
DavidSouth2
New Contributor

Thank you for responding! I will look into that. I was hoping for a more elegant solution as there are already over 10,000 orders (after we already cut 70% of the points out), and some of my orders require as many as 4 deliveries per week. But I will experiment and see what works. Do you have any tips for implementing this work-around?

David

0 Kudos
AsafBen-Ari
New Contributor III

Just a small addition- since you will indeed have many points (at least in terms of network analysis), you may consider using ArcGIS Pro. In my experience, since everything must fit in to GP tools it is a bit more complicate then the ArcMap, but it runs better.

Solve Vehicle Routing Problem—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos