utility network analyst - transportation networks

04-05-2010 07:11 AM
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor III
Hello all,

Over the next little while I'm going to be creating a transportation network for a client using Utility Network Analyst. Is there a good way to model one-way streets using geometric networks, or is that limited to the Network Analyst extension? (our client doesn't want to use network analyst if at all possible).

Thanks you
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor III
Thanks for the reply Alan!

Our transportation network is meant to be very simple - automobiles only. The network is relatively small - a city of 50,000, a highway and tertiary roads north of it. The Find Path trace is essentially all we need - its just a basic network for helping field crews find a good route to potentially remote locations. I realize Network Analyst is the preferred transportation solution, but the client's already decided against purchasing any extensions. Perhaps if the network sees a lot of use, they may one day decide to go the Network Analyst route, but until then I must needs make do. 😞
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
I think that maybe you should use the network analyst rather than geometric network . You should add network analyst extensions before you can use this function.
Sorry I have not notice your reply to ahatakeyama.
0 Kudos