Unlocated OD Cost Matrix Points - Unresolveable

02-04-2020 09:23 AM
DaveGrolling1
New Contributor III

Using ArcMap 10.7.1 and the Network Analyst extension to run the Generate Origin-Destination Cost Matrix tool on a sample of 1,000 origins and 1,000 destinations. For the Network Dataset, I'm pulling in the StreetMap Premium 2019 R4 Routing feature dataset that includes the "Routing_ND" feature class.

I added the ND to my TOC along with my origins and destinations, then opened the NA tool window to load locations. Once it finishes loading them into the Origins layer, all points are classed as 'Unlocated'.

I've seen several posts out there with the same issue, with the resolution being attributed to increasing the search tolerance of points away from the ND. I tried it at the default 5,000 meters then stepped it up to 20,000 meters. Same results -- all points are unlocated.

On a side note - these points are less than 1 meter from the ND lines, so it should be picking them up.

What am I missing here? I didn't see anything in an online tutorial that is different from what I'm trying. It seems I must be missing something obvious.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

What are the coordinate systems of the network dataset and the files you are bringing in?

0 Kudos
DaveGrolling1
New Contributor III

Routing_ND = GCS_WGS_1984
Origins (NA layer) = GCS_WGS_1984

Raw points used for Origins = GCS_WGS_1984 / PCS WGS_1984_WM Aux

EDIT: I did a test after projecting my raw points so that it only had a GCS of WGS1984. The points are still classified as unlocated.

0 Kudos
ronchito
New Contributor

I realize this is a few years old but I'm wondering if you ever found a solution to this? I've run into the same issue for ArcGIS Pro 3.0.4. It works fine when I use the online network dataset but not using the lcoal Routing_ND. I have over 33K origins and 5K destinations to run a OD Cost Matrix on so not really keen on the 1K limits. Would love to know if there's an easy fix or workaround!

0 Kudos