Time to run large location-allocation model?

12-12-2017 06:10 AM
JamesQuick
New Contributor

Hi,

I have a location-allocation model with 416 facilities and 64000 demand points. I am working on a facility to demand basis. Does anyone have any idea how long this will take to run and produce a solution? Also, does anyone have any advice on generalising the demand point data to reduce the number of records?

For context, the scenario is looking at sales territories and customers. the analysis is based on a 60min drive time, Required facilities are 213 and the capacity of each facility is ~305 customers per year.

Kind regards,#

James

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I guess it depends...  Computer Power?  Network integrity (as in Network Analysis).  Etc.  Take some incremental samples to test; perhaps that will give you an idea.

That should just about do it....
JamesQuick
New Contributor

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your help. I'm running it on a windows PC with 16GB RAM and a 2.6GHz CPU. The road network is the whole of Great Britain so it's pretty dense. I'll run some tests on a small sample for an idea on timings.

If anyone else has experience working with large location-allocation models in ArcMap please get in touch.

Thanks,

James

0 Kudos