Solve Failed?

Jump to solution
02-08-2012 05:22 AM
ScottBlankenbeckler
Occasional Contributor
Simple question - When using network analyst and I get a solve failed message is there anywhere I can go to see more on this message?

When running regular geoproccessing tools I can view the results and get more info but I have not found a "results" window for the network analyst tools.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
If you use the GUI to solve then generally messages are displayed in the status area (bottom left) of ArcMap.

Other thing you can do is to make sure to turn on all message reporting. To do that, use the Network Analyst toolbar drop down and selet Options and click on All Messages. Now messages may be shown in a popup window after the solve.

You can see how to set the options here:
http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#/Network_Analyst_options/00470000004400...

Jay Sandhu

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
If you use the GUI to solve then generally messages are displayed in the status area (bottom left) of ArcMap.

Other thing you can do is to make sure to turn on all message reporting. To do that, use the Network Analyst toolbar drop down and selet Options and click on All Messages. Now messages may be shown in a popup window after the solve.

You can see how to set the options here:
http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#/Network_Analyst_options/00470000004400...

Jay Sandhu
0 Kudos
CorinneFlowers
New Contributor
I am having the same problem with the solve failed message. I've turned on all message reporting but I am not seeing any additional information, do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you,

Briony
0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
Is the solve not working on particular set of locations? Do other locations work? How long does it run before you get the solve failed? For example does it take a while and perhaps runs out of memory for some reason?

Jay Sandhu
0 Kudos
CorinneFlowers
New Contributor
I think I was trying to map too many incidents at once. I'm breaking them down into smaller chunks and it seems to be working.

Thanks.
0 Kudos