Share Route Layer to Navigator: Failed to create route invalid argument

05-25-2022 08:44 AM
CassidyMason
New Contributor II

I am working in ArcGIS Pro 2.9 using the Network Analyst to create routes. After I created the routes and they solved successfully, I shared as a route layer which shares the route layer through the portal and uploads in Navigator. When I go into Navigator to ensure the route works correctly, I get an error message that says "failed to create route: invalid argument". Does anyone know how to fix this issue or knows what I am doing wrong?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
FrankK
by
New Contributor II

Are you able to share the Route Layer?

0 Kudos
CassidyMason
New Contributor II

The route layer does share. The error message pops up in Navigator when you go to click on the route (see photo below). I have come to find out the issue arises when polygon barriers of any kind are added into the route analysis. There are not more than 2000 streets within the polygon barriers. Picture1.png

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm currently experiencing the same issue but only for one of my routes. 1-5 open as expected but I get the failed to create route message when I click on 6R 

SHartholt_0-1678295081054.png

0 Kudos
FrankK
by
New Contributor II

This seems slightly different from the original post since you have a different sub-message of "No Tracker" on the dialog.  That is kind of a generic message so it is hard to tell what the issue is.

Are you able to share the route layer json?  

Thanks

Note: To get to the json you would go to your Portal and then click on the "R6" route layer portal item, then in on the right there should be a Details heading with a Feature Collection link (as below).  Following that link will display the route layer json.

FrankK_0-1678382658082.png

0 Kudos