Setting up barriers for network analysis based on elevation

02-12-2019 01:55 PM
FanWu
by
New Contributor

Hello everyone,

I am a new GeoNet user, currently in school for GIS instructions for Esri products. My questions revolves around the Network Analyst Extension in ArcGIS Desktop, and producing a network dataset and adding barriers. For my project, I am thinking of using developing a network dataset with connectivity/elevation so that an overhead road intersects another road below. The problem is that I have a specific barrier that I would like to implement for only one elevation (e.g. only above or below, but not block both). If anyone can point me to either instructions or literature in SPECIFICALLY setting up a barrier (polygon) in that way, that would be appreciated. I do not have working data for it yet, it is only a concept for me and I am just wondering how it would be possible, as it would seem that it is a common occurrence in real life such as stormwater floods or other flooding.

I have read the Esri help for setting up barriers but it references that any barriers set would place restrictions on all interacting layers, and does not indicate a specific way to set up a interaction based on elevation/connectivity. I have tried searching the web in general but have not found references for it as of yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I've tagged the post wrong in any way, I apologize in advance and appreciate the recommendation to fix next time.

0 Kudos
0 Replies