Scaled cost

03-08-2011 06:57 AM
JoannaLaroussi
New Contributor
I would like to build a route between points using scaled cost feature. I have line feature class with selected streets segments (outside of network dataset), where each street segment has a number defining a cost associated with choosing it. I am experimenting with loading it as a scaled cost line barrier, but I cannot find a way to use my cost field. Everything what I found is in a Load Location window Attr_Lenght, where I can set one number for all selected streets segments, which does not satisfy my constrains. Does anybody know how to use scaled cost line barrier using as a cost values from a field?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
Everything what I found is in a Load Location window Attr_Lenght, where I can set one number for all selected streets segments, which does not satisfy my constrains. Does anybody know how to use scaled cost line barrier using as a cost values from a field? .

On the Load Location menu, where you see Attr_Length, the next column is the "Field" column. You can click in there and see the drop down list of fields that you can map to the Attr_Length property. The next column is the Default Value column where you can type in a single number. So use the middle column to map your field as the cost attribute.

You can read more about it here:
http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#//00470000003t000000.htm

Jay Sandhu
0 Kudos
JoannaLaroussi
New Contributor
Thanks a lot! That is exactly what I needed.
0 Kudos