I am trying to add a new segment to a network, but after rebuilding the network I can not route along the segment. It shows up in the edges, but its not being recognized for routing. I have no problems with this in ArcMap, but Pro I can not get this to work. Any ideas? I posted an image below of two stops and what the route is trying to do, which is not correct. Thanks in advance!
It isn't clear from the image what the 2 stops are supposed to do and what the highlighted lines mean?
Can it be assumed that you have confirmed that the line additions are snapped correctly to the existing geometry?
There are a lot of potential reasons for this. I'll list some and see if that gets you on the right track:
1) The endpoint of the new line doesn't physically connect to the existing network edges. (You need to turn on snapping when you're editing.)
2) The new segment does physically connect to the existing segments, but it doesn't connect at an existing endpoint (for End Point connectivity) or an existing vertex (for Any Vertex connectivity). This is unlikely, as Pro's editing tools automatically handle this situation if you're editing a feature class that participates in a network dataset.
3) The elevation fields of the new line don't correspond properly to the elevation fields of the existing lines. Again, this is unlikely, as Pro's editing tools automatically handle this situation if you're editing a feature class that participates in a network dataset.
4) The attributes of the new line are not configured correctly, so the new line shows up as restricted. The Stops get located on the closest non-restricted network edge instead.
5) When you ran the Build Network tool, you got a build error related to the new line. You need to check the build error output text file to see what the error was, and fix it.
Topology has been checked, so connectivity should not be a problem. I checked and there were no errors when building the network. Also, Elevation fields are all set properly.
How would you check if only a specific edge is restricted? All the attributes of the new line match the required attributes of the network, so I'm not sure what could be wrong or how to even check if its restricted.
Unfortunately, this is difficult in ArcGIS Pro as we have not yet implemented (as of Pro 2.5) the Network Identify tool that was available in ArcMap. Honestly, the easiest way to check this right now is to open the network dataset in ArcMap and use Network Identify to click on the new street and check its attributes. Network Identify should tell you the value of the street for each impedance and restriction attribute. It should also provide you with a list of other edges and junctions to which it is connected (so you can verify connectivity).
I was finally able to get it to work, but it took extra steps compared to arcmap. The only way I was able to get it to work, was to rebuild the network before even making any changes, make the edit, save the edit, then rebuild the network again. Thanks for your responses!