Problems to find the network solution with difference elevation (indoor building)

12-14-2012 12:31 AM
FirdausAbd_Manaf
New Contributor
[EMAIL="firdaus.abdmanaf@yahoo.com"

hi all...

I have a problems to find solution on how to create new route for the difference elevation. In my case, after built network data set and proceed with creating new route in ArcMap, it gives the solution but the route given not use the stairs. then, when view in Arc Scene, it still shows for the ground floor. i need help if i miss some parts...please help me because i need to finished my college project in time...i use ArcGIS 10.1

second questions:how to connect the network with difference elevation (between difference layers of floors)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
You should start by going through the tutorial on 3D networks which explains how to set up the network for the different floors and then route on it. You can access the tutorial information here:
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#//00470000005q000000

Jay Sandhu
0 Kudos
FirdausAbd_Manaf
New Contributor
dear Jay Sandhu....

i'd try to create network dataset based on the tutorial. but what i can see, i can't check on 'using z coordinate values from geometry' but can use 'using elevation field' only..what it means by that? and what it means by z coordinate values? is't the height values of each the floors?
0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
Does the feature class that you are using to create the network dataset have 3D coordinates? That is, does the shape field say it is polyline or "Polyline Z"? If it is not Polyline Z then it does not have Z coordinate (in addition to the X and Y coordinates) to build a 3D network. You will need to convert the data into polyline Z and add the right Z coordinates to make a 3D network as in the tutorial I mentioned.

Jay Sandhu
0 Kudos
FirdausAbd_Manaf
New Contributor
Does the feature class that you are using to create the network dataset have 3D coordinates? That is, does the shape field say it is polyline or "Polyline Z"? If it is not Polyline Z then it does not have Z coordinate (in addition to the X and Y coordinates) to build a 3D network. You will need to convert the data into polyline Z and add the right Z coordinates to make a 3D network as in the tutorial I mentioned.

Jay Sandhu

hi...

i'd try to do based on your tutorial, but i still can't view it in ArcScene in proper ways. can i have your email? then i will sent my data. so, you can try to help me and notice me if i did wrong...tq for concern...
0 Kudos
FirdausAbd_Manaf
New Contributor
dear jay sandhu...

i want to ask about the feature classes that i digitized in ArcGIS 9.3.. it's the problems if i want to create network dataset in ArcGIS 10.1?why when i want to create it, i can't check on the 'Using Z coordinate values from geometry'?
0 Kudos
FirdausAbd_Manaf
New Contributor
dear alan..

Thanks.. i'd try it and it's really working.....
0 Kudos