Problem of using tutorial to create a network dataset

Jump to solution
07-13-2021 12:23 AM
AnnMak_hku
New Contributor

I get this error message: "Get this error message: "Error: The network dataset properties were not updated. [excetion from HRESULT: 0x80040301]" when using the tutorial data (San Diego Dataset) to create the Network Dataset from ArcGIS Pro. 

0 Kudos
17 Replies
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Question for those of you who have gotten this error: Do you happen to remember if you deleted the network dataset and then recreated it before you saw this problem?

0 Kudos
LeeIrminger
New Contributor II

I just hit the error and found this post. Your work around of hit cancel then go back to the properties and hit ok worked and the error did not show again.

I had previously created a network dataset with a different name inside the dataset I'm using, deleted it, then created the one I am using now.

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Okay, thank you. That's consistent with the behavior we saw when testing. This should be resolved in the 2.9 release.

DanielMcCurdy23
New Contributor II

I got this problem right away after the first time I created the network dataset and went into the properties to change it.

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello, everyone. This issue proved to be a bit weird - difficult to reliably reproduce, and some of us could and some of us couldn't. However, we believe we have fixed it. The fix will be in the upcoming ArcGIS Pro 2.9 release. For anyone reading this in the future: If you see this error in Pro 2.9 or higher, please leave a comment here with details about your workflow so we can try to figure out what we missed. Thanks.

LixiaonaYu
New Contributor

I was doing the same tutorial and get the ERROR 030222: The network dataset cannot be created from the given parameters. 

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Lixiaona.  This looks like a geoprocessing tool error, so the problem is unrelated to the issue described by the other users in this post.  The problem they experienced was related to clicking the OK button on the network dataset properties.

Please describe the parameters you've used in the tool or post a screenshot of the tool dialog.  You might also consider making a fresh post in a new topic because this is a separate problem.

0 Kudos
LixiaonaYu
New Contributor

I am using Pro 3.0

0 Kudos