OSM Create Network Dataset: Populating Turn Features from OSM Relations The row contains a bad value. [RestrictionType]

03-24-2020 06:29 PM
RussellProvost1
New Contributor III

Good evening. I am still having the issue "OSM Create Network Dataset: Populating Turn Features from OSM Relations The row contains a bad value. [RestrictionType]" as documented below. A solution was evidently implemented in GitHub, but apparently it has not been pushed to the compiled executable (10.5). I can tell because the length of the "RestrictionType" field in the turn restriction feature class is still 30. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-osm-editor/issues/192

7 Replies
CodyGerow
New Contributor II

I'm having the same issue. I was able to create a working network dataset from a small sample of the data I'm working with, but get the same error when I try the whole city. I have tried all 3 example network config files (drivegeneric, cyclegeneric, drivemeters).

0 Kudos
RussellProvost1
New Contributor III

What version of the OSM toolbox are you using?

0 Kudos
CodyGerow
New Contributor II

10.5, same as you?

0 Kudos
RussellProvost1
New Contributor III

Yes. I just tried installing 10.7 but my organization's license server isn't compatible. Every turn I make I get stopped.

0 Kudos
RussellProvost1
New Contributor III

It would be nice to get an answer on this by either someone at Esri or the GitHub community. I have wasted almost three days trouble shooting this and the solution is a change to one line of code that hasn't been pushed to the compiled executables. Its quite frustrating. I have even tried to recompile to code from GitHub, but Visual Studio created DLL files.

0 Kudos
CodyGerow
New Contributor II

Ya I've come to the same conclusion. None of the posted work-arounds have worked, they all point to the TurnRestriction character limit being too short? Seems ESRI has been active in other threads so I'm hopeful.

CodyGerow
New Contributor II

Just wondering if there's been any progress on this? Also wanting to keep this thread alive.

0 Kudos