OD Cost Matrix Destination Limit

08-25-2011 11:37 AM
MarcMorandi
New Contributor
I am trying to create a road network distance matrix with 83 origin points and 1008 destinations.  This network will later be expanded to many more origins and destinations.

I am able to add all locations for origins and destinations and solve using the OD Cost Matrix tool.  The problem is that the "Lines" table that is output only shows distances for 999 destinations, and omits the rest.  Is 999 an arbitrary cutoff point for the number of destinations able to be found in a single matrix?  I have tried setting the target number of destinations up to 1008, but the table still only reports the first 999 values.

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
There is a limit on how many lines are shown in the NAWindow. But there is no limit to how many lines are in the actual output lines featuer class. So if you right-click on the Lines and open attribute table, you should be able to click on the go to end of the table key at the bottom left or simply keep on scrolling down to the end.

Jay Sandhu
0 Kudos
MarcMorandi
New Contributor
Thanks for the reply!  I did a bit of troubleshooting and found out that the reason that I wasn't getting the desired number of output lines was not because of an arbitrary cutoff or anything like that, but that the network was not locating 9 of my destination points and omitting them from the results table.  It was a case of user error over program error.

The network has now been fixed to make sure those are added, and the problem has be resolved.  Thanks again for your time!
0 Kudos