Select to view content in your preferred language

network data source

06-02-2023 03:54 PM
potomacGIS
Occasional Contributor

Since I added www.arcgis.com as network data source, my Network Analyst functions are greyed out.  I have a GIS ArcPro Advanced with Network Analyst.  I believe my public account cannot consume credits.  I want to add a local network data source but I am unable to delete this network source.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

If you have a local network dataset, add it to your map. Normally this will make it network source for any new network analysis layers you create. On the Analysis tab, Network Analyst drop down (like in the snip_networkanalyst image), you can also change the data source to the local one.

Note, you have to create new analysis layers based on the local network source. Existing analysis layers will point to the online source.

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos
potomacGIS
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for responding.  I'm just getting back into making maps after a five-year hiatus--I really like ArcGIS Pro.  Recently I learned how create geocoder using street centerlines.  I've not used network analyst before so I'm thinking that I need to create my service region around police stations using roads and points to make a network.  I want delete the www.arcgis.com network data source!!!  It caused all my problems due to the public account I have.  Unfortunately the University of the Potomac does not hand out organizational accounts and this trumps my advanced licenses with a public account.  As soon as I put www.arcgis.com in network data source, I was doomed.  All my network analyst functionality was gone. 

I going to build a local network data source per your suggestion.  Any advice is welcomed. 

0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

Best way to learn about NA and Network datasets are to go through the relevant tutorials and they have data. You can get more information on them here:

Network Analyst tutorials—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

You can also search for open street map data to download and convert that to network datasets.

Jay Sandhu

potomacGIS
Occasional Contributor

thanks, Jay

0 Kudos