Network Analyst Vehicle Routing Problem

02-16-2018 02:37 PM
DevinUnderwood2
Occasional Contributor

I am having trouble in what this error exactly means. Do you know how I can get more returned error information when I Solve ?

Warning: Orders (Name = "Location 2929") location does not have a corresponding network element.  The network dataset needs to be rebuilt.
Error: Invalid input in the NA classes.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
DevinUnderwood2
Occasional Contributor

Yes it was. I constantly rebuild the network after each edit, to ensure where it may pose an issue.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

try removing the point then or another rebuild ... after a shutdown, reboot, walk and a revisti... it is Friday, afterall

0 Kudos
DevinUnderwood2
Occasional Contributor

I removed that point (order) and the exact error prompted with another point and I can't rebuild unless I make an edit.

0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

It is possible that you are loading these points with network locations. That is, the input point feature class has the network location fields such as SourceID, SourceOID, etc and it is using the old, stale locations. If that is the case, make sure to load by geometry. OR you can in the NA Window, right-click on the Orders and choose to Relocate All to update their location on the network.

Jay Sandhu

DevinUnderwood2
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the advice.

I reloaded the orders based on geometry and Recalculate Location Fields - Unlocated (913 orders)

I reran the Solve but received the following error

Failure while working with internal OD cost matrix problem instance.

Error: General function failure

0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

>I reloaded the orders based on geometry and Recalculate Location Fields - Unlocated (913 orders)

What does this mean? Did you relocate location fields and still get 913 unlocated OR did you load the orders again by geometry?

Are there other feature that need to be loaded again? Like depot, barriers, etc.?

Can you test that you are able to solve a route on that network dataset. And you can you try creating a new VRP layer and adding the orders/depots/route and resolve. 

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos
DevinUnderwood2
Occasional Contributor

I loaded the orders based on geometry and still received errors, I proceeded to use Recalculate Unlocated .

Issue still not resolved. Yes, I already loaded Depot, Routes,Routes Zones.

I further tested by only loading one random order by Location and it successfully routed. I am not sure what this means.

I further tested by loading one random Order by Geometry and received the following

Warning: Orders (Name = "Location 10") is unlocated.   (This is odd to me since I cleared out every record of the Name field for the orders, where is the solver getting the original Name from ?)

I created another VRP layer to further test, and I created another Network Dataset, yet still same errors.

0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

If you are not able to load the locations by geometry then there is some problem going on with the network dataset or some settings like a spatial reference or search tolerance on the VRP layer. 

What I was suggesting you to do is create a new Route layer, click two stops on the map and solve. Does that work? It would test that the network data is built correctly and that you are able to add locations by geometry.

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos