Network Analyst "Closest Facility" question

11-10-2014 09:18 AM
nataliemartinkus1
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to route a whole bunch of points (~1250) to a potential biorefinery location to calculate transportation costs. My problem is I end up with a bunch of points that do not get routed to a facility. See the error message below. Does anyone have an idea why these incidents are not being routed to a facility?  I leave the "Default Cutoff Value" as <null> so all incidents will be routed to all facilities. Thanks for any help you can give.

A close-up of some of the pionts that do not get routed:

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChrisDonohue__GISP
MVP Alum

You may have already thought of these, but here's some things to consider:

1.  Is all the linework (edges, junctions) connected?  I ask as when I've run into issues like this with Network Analyst in the past it is because some of the linework is disconnected, though visually it looks fine.  Run topology to check, with rules.

2.  The "Search Distance" for a facility to find the linework sometimes fails to find a nearby line, even though it is within the set distance.  As a workaround, to insure it does, digitize linework to connect your facility point directly to the network (and then run topology on both the linework with your facility points participating to insure it is connected).

Hope this helps,

Chris Donohue, GISP