Network Analyst Directions error

04-15-2010 11:28 PM
GünterDörffel
Occasional Contributor III
Hi,

hope I didnt miss this in a different forum ... we cant get any route description. Reports a DirectionsUI error and claims that  "Solve required prior to generating directions" ... is that known/expected?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
NaokoKISHIMOTO
Esri Contributor
I have the same problem. It is caused by the following file, which is installed by ArcGIS 10 language supplement; Desktop10.0\NetworkAnalyst\Directions\<language>\resources.xml

The "resources.xml" may include pseud translation at this time (ArcGIS 10 Pre-release). This causes the problem. After removing the xml, you can generate directions (but in English...).

Hope this is helpful.

Naoko Kishimoto
ESRI Japan
0 Kudos
GünterDörffel
Hi Naoko,

thanks - you are perfectly right ... this helps but doenst solve the real issue ... what to put into the folder to make it work again.We now start checking this out with localisation and I will post further results (if any) here

Regards
Guenter
0 Kudos
GünterDörffel
Hi,

we had discissed this offline in detail - this is just for those who are interested:

Yes - there was a version of resources.xml that hat been modified by Localisation which lead to its behaviour. Putting a correct file there - i.e. based on the version available for english - will work just fine

I think this is solved and "closed"
Thanks Alan for making this perfectly clear
0 Kudos
FabioZecchini
New Contributor
Hi,

What do you mean Alan when you say "just modify the strings within that file that are not yet translated to get the driving directions to work"

My problem is that the directions work correctly for just 1 route out of 60. For 59 routes I have the claim "Solve required prior to generating directions"

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much

Fabio
0 Kudos
BrookBrook
New Contributor

Hi,

I meet to the same question,I use ArcGIS for Server 10.2 of English edition,But I want to get route directions in Chinese,So I set the parameter languages direction to "zh-CN" when solving the route,Then I get the error "Unable to complete operation.Solve required prior to generating directions."

I asked Esri for Help ,But they advised me to setup Chinese edition in order to return Chinese language,I couldn't believe it ,I have many services in my server ,It will cost plenty of time ,Isn't  there other solution?

0 Kudos