Select to view content in your preferred language

Network Analyst - Directions' description is missing when default configuration is altered

08-05-2024 05:17 AM
Rajkaran_Beans
New Contributor

Hey Team, 

We recently started using ArcGIS Indoors Model and found a weird situation where directions' description leave elements when default configuration is altered.

For example, 

Situation 1 -  Once Network Dataset is cretaed and a route is solved which includes a transision, description is "take the elevatio up to LEVEL #"

Situation 2 - When any part of this description is altered from Network Dataset > Properties > Description (It doesn't matter what you change, any slight change from default) will miss the LEVEL element from description. Descripton from Altered configuration is "take the elevatio up"

Attaching a side by side image for comparision:

Indoor direction comparison.png

@sri_krishnahari 

11 Replies
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

I had posted a potential workaround, but then one of the developers on my team advised me that it may lead to other issues, so we don't recommend trying it after all.  I deleted my comment.  Sorry for the confusion.

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, just wanted to give an update.  We have fixed the issue, and the fix will be available in the upcoming Pro 3.4 release.  Unfortunately, although the updated network will work properly in Pro 3.4+, it will still have the same problems in older versions of Pro.  We have flagged the issue as a candidate for future patches of older Pro versions.

0 Kudos