Network Analysis Stops at State Line

07-01-2016 01:52 PM
RustyRex
Occasional Contributor

I have built a network  dataset using the esri roads that are set up for network use.  When an analysis gets to the state line it wont go past it.  I didnt create the network, but what are some things i can look for to as possible causes?  The roads in each state look connected topologically to the corresponding road in the adjacent state.  They also look to have the same elevation and class attributes.  Is there something in the attributes or network dataset properties i should look for that might be stopping this?  One thing i did notice is that it looks like two junctions are created at this intersection instead of just one

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I hope the junction isn't being treated as a dead end? You might want to examine the properties of the segments and see if they are indeed physically joined.

RustyRex
Occasional Contributor

The junction does look like a dead in junction.  The problem is that the line segments are snapped together, but still creates a end junction.  I was a able to fix it the long way.  If i edit the lines, move and 'unsnap' them, save and/or build the network again, then move the line back to snap them together then build/save, finally I get the network communication between the two lines.

0 Kudos