Network Analysis-New route with barrier does not work

Jump to solution
05-31-2021 09:19 AM
PyotrKropotkin
New Contributor II

Greetings,

I have created network data and it works when I just add stops. However, when I add a barrier between the stops analysis does not perform any other route to bring me to the other stop. How can I solve this problem?

regards,

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Do you have any 1-way systems etc.? I would check the connectivity along the other obvious alternate route to the West to see if there's any gaps e.g. create graphic picks along the alternate route and iteratively try to narrow-down the issue.  I would put a small bet on the East-West route beside graphic pick 2 has an issue with either travel direction or a break in the line.

View solution in original post

DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Sure, there may be tiny gaps or issues that you can't see.  A useful step might be to create a Service Area https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/analysis/networks/service-area-analysis-layer.htm from Graphic Pick 1, which might highlight untraversable routes from that location.

Again I'd also try to create routes west-to-east from the obvious alternate route to see if travel direction is an issue.

Also are these exactly the same graphic picks from the first route? i.e. you may have a snapping tolerance issue if they are not exactly or within-a-distance from a network edge.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Do you have any 1-way systems etc.? I would check the connectivity along the other obvious alternate route to the West to see if there's any gaps e.g. create graphic picks along the alternate route and iteratively try to narrow-down the issue.  I would put a small bet on the East-West route beside graphic pick 2 has an issue with either travel direction or a break in the line.

PyotrKropotkin
New Contributor II
Hello David,

Thank you for your attention. There is not any gaps on other roads. It
works fine for them as well. However, the problem is i guess it only finds
one route to go other stop and when i put a barrier the only way it finds,
it does not find any alternative way.
0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Sure, there may be tiny gaps or issues that you can't see.  A useful step might be to create a Service Area https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/analysis/networks/service-area-analysis-layer.htm from Graphic Pick 1, which might highlight untraversable routes from that location.

Again I'd also try to create routes west-to-east from the obvious alternate route to see if travel direction is an issue.

Also are these exactly the same graphic picks from the first route? i.e. you may have a snapping tolerance issue if they are not exactly or within-a-distance from a network edge.

PyotrKropotkin
New Contributor II

Yes, they are exactly the same stops I have just added a point barrier between the line to see if it finds an alternative route but It did not. Now I checked what you have said. No matter where I put my stops it uses the same route.

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I'm pretty sure there's a network issue between stop 1 and 3 in the newest picture you've supplied.  With the service area, I would make the distance/time much larger and remove the edge buffer option to make the inaccessible edges/roads clearer.  This will help identify the Exact point at which connectivity stops.

0 Kudos
PyotrKropotkin
New Contributor II

I am sharing the data I use with you. If you have time to check what is wrong. I would be grateful. 

Regards,

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

unfortunately I don't have network analyst extension and am in Pro.  

0 Kudos
PyotrKropotkin
New Contributor II

I see. Thank you for your kind attention that you've shown so far. 

Regards,

0 Kudos