make a Turn feature from a line feature class

03-28-2014 04:15 AM
Tom_AndersEngebakken
New Contributor
Hi
I have a road network of one county in Norway . To this road network, I will make myself a turn feature class of all the road barrier in the road network.
I have a feature class with all the road barriers in a point feature class that shows where the road barriers are.
Is there anyone who can help me to create a model in model builder or a python script that creates a turn feature class from my road barrier point feature class? There are too many road barriers inn the county to do this manually, so I have to automate the method to do it .
I have started to make me a buffer zone of about 1 meter around all my points in my point feature class . Then I clip all the buffer zones against  the road network . I do this to get a line feature class with the road barriers that I will make the turn feature class from.
But my problem starts here : I do not know how to make a turn feature class from my line feature class that is connected to my road network .
Can someone please try to help me with this problem.
Am grateful for any tips .

Regards Tom Anders
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
SeanKearns
New Contributor
I am trying to do something similar - i.e., associate data to turns, with a turn being a sequence of two links sharing a common node.  What features of ESRI can be used to do this?

Thanks
0 Kudos