Select to view content in your preferred language

Location Allocation Problem

4 weeks ago
Labels (1)
GiuliaTatini
New Contributor

When running the vehicle routing problem, once all the data have been entered and "run" has been clicked, the loading bar doesn't advance, and remains stationary at 0%. Has anyone experienced the same problem? 

Thank you in advance!

Giulia 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

Are you solving a Location-Allocation problem or Vehicle Routing Problem?

How many inputs are being added? i.e. the size maybe large and it might be computing a large cost matrix to start the analysis.

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos
GiuliaTatini
New Contributor

Yes, I apologize. It is a vehicle routing problem. I don't think the issue lies with the number of points because I have conducted simulations with a much larger number of input points.

What could be causing the problem?

Giulia

0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

It is hard to say what could be going on. Are you using the online logistics service or local street data network? Perhaps the street data has an invalid spatial index causing the search to be slow or access to the data is slow if it is on an external/cloud drive. You can try creating a fresh project and recreating the layer and see if that fixes the issue. Beyond that you will need to share the VRP layer/data with tech support so they can help diagnose what could be going on.

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos