Impossible to solve if points overlap?

06-25-2012 12:23 AM
JonasJonzen
New Contributor
I've been running some analysis "Closest facislity" and I cant get any results if two points overlap in the incidents. I can split them up and run each separately, but I would spare lots of time if it was possible to run them togheter.

Anyone know if its possible to do this or do I have to split them up?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
Overlapping points are supported.

You can create a closest facility layer, enter 1 facility and then copy paste it to duplicate it. Now enter a facility location and then copy/paste it as well. Set the CF layer to solve for 2 closest. Solve. You will get 4 routes output.

You can even have the same set of two facilities entered as Incidents (that is all 4 locations overlap). Solve and you will get 4 routes output but they will have 0 travel cost/length.

If this is not the scenario you are running into then perhaps you can provide some more details.

Jay Sandhu
0 Kudos
JonasJonzen
New Contributor
Im not sure Its possible or I may not understand everything. I've attached a photo of the problem.

The red marking consist of two dots(incidents) on the same coordinate. For any of the other dots it can calculate a
distance to the nearest facility, but not for the dots that have the same coordinate.
0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
It could be that the location is unreachable due to restrictions or network connectivity. If you remove one of the overlapping points, can you reach the other one?

Jay Sandhu
0 Kudos
JonasJonzen
New Contributor
I tried running just one of them and it still doesnt work. So you are probably right about some restriction problem or network connectivity....hmm
0 Kudos