Generate Service Area with break based on an attribute?

Jump to solution
01-30-2018 02:59 PM
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

Hello

Using SMP - or the ArcGIS Online Network analysis datasets

I would like to generate a service area - however each feature has a different service area of which to base the breaks on

A = 50 minutes

B = 30 minutes 

C = 60 minutes

and so on (200 in total)

Looking at this - I am thinking we would need to use Model Builder with an iterator - what have others done? (or have I missed a setting that will allow us to do this without model builder)

Using ArcMap 10.6 and Pro 2.1

Cheers

John P

streetmap premium‌StreetMap

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

Each facility can have a different break value. You can use Load Locations to load the facilities from a feature class and then map a field to the "breaks_" value. See screen shot that shows a field called ServiceTime being mapped to the Breaks_Minutes. You can also do this with the GP Add Locations tool.

Jay Sandhu

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

Each facility can have a different break value. You can use Load Locations to load the facilities from a feature class and then map a field to the "breaks_" value. See screen shot that shows a field called ServiceTime being mapped to the Breaks_Minutes. You can also do this with the GP Add Locations tool.

Jay Sandhu

KatjaD_haeyer1
New Contributor

I'm looking for a python sample script which does this actions. E.g. calculating different service areas with different break values (as stored in an attribute). The scripts in Generate Service Areas—Help | ArcGIS Desktop uses a fixed break value, not one from a field. Could you provide a sample script?

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, per-facility breaks are not supported with the Generate Service Areas tool.  If you need this functionality for your script, you'll need to use the Make Service Area Layer -> Add Locations -> Solve workflow and use field mapping in Add Locations to use the per-facility breaks fields as Jay suggests above.

0 Kudos