Could not create Network Dataset

Jump to solution
01-19-2017 07:38 AM
BugraOtken
New Contributor III

Hello all!

I have a road feature, all i want is creating a network dataset but there is a "databaseish" problem i think. I can not create a network at our database anymore and i am using ArcMAP 10.4.1. I used to create before with my 10.3 but now my friend with 10.3 can not create a network anymore either.

At Conf.png file you can check my configuration. I am not using any turns, directions, elevations... It's a simle network, all i want is finding a route...

At Error.png file you can see the error i get. I searched it and found the problem (https://community.esri.com/thread/67608 ) But it doesnt work for me (shortening the names)

At N_DB.png file you can see that there are several N_ files already (2 network datasets) and these network datasets are working perfectly but it can not create new tables with N_5_ ... name

At DB_BIN.png file you can see that database is trying to create but failing (these deleted tables are my previous tries, i didnt delete them, database  or ArcCatalog deleted them)

Can you please help me?

Thank you!

Bugra

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisDonohue__GISP
MVP Alum

What type of database is the network data being stored in?  Personal or File Geodatabase?  Enterprise Geodatabase?  Or a diffferent database?  Each database type has its own unique issues, so knowing this will help in troubleshooting.  My guess would be its in an Enterprise Geodatabase based on the "table not registered" error, but that is just a guess.

Also, one of the errors is "the spatial references do not match".  Can you check on the coordinate systems used in the data for your network and see if they differ?  All the coordinate systems should be the same to use the data in a Network Dataset, so that could be part of what is going awry.

Chris Donohue, GISP

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ChrisDonohue__GISP
MVP Alum

What type of database is the network data being stored in?  Personal or File Geodatabase?  Enterprise Geodatabase?  Or a diffferent database?  Each database type has its own unique issues, so knowing this will help in troubleshooting.  My guess would be its in an Enterprise Geodatabase based on the "table not registered" error, but that is just a guess.

Also, one of the errors is "the spatial references do not match".  Can you check on the coordinate systems used in the data for your network and see if they differ?  All the coordinate systems should be the same to use the data in a Network Dataset, so that could be part of what is going awry.

Chris Donohue, GISP

BugraOtken
New Contributor III

Thank you for your answer Mr.Donohue and sorry for my late reply.

It's an Enterprise Geodatabase. I double checked the coordinate systems, they were all in same system. I have changed the coordinate system of all my features and now i was able to create the dataset. Maybe it was really a coordinate system conflict.

Thank you for your help Mr.Donohue

0 Kudos