Changing OD Cost Matrix analysis data source

07-20-2022 06:18 PM
ScumBagSurfer
New Contributor II

I have created a OD Cost Matrix using a network analyst. I am happy with the results but my when viewing the data source of my OD Cost Matrix layer I notice that the Analysis data source is in the wrong geodatabase. The actual data source is in the correct geodatabase. This has my colleague unable to view my data in shared network folders. Is there a way to change the analysis data source or can you do it by changing the data source of the OD Cost Matrix. Just wondering before I try it as I don't want to damage/lose my work. 

I have also tried copying the feature data set (my OD Cost Matrix) to the right folder, but this doesn't reveal any correct data once I add it to the map.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

I don't fully understand the problem you're describing, but if you have Pro 3.0, you can use the Copy Network Analysis Layer geoprocessing tool to make a copy of the OD Cost Matrix layer and all its analysis data.  The tool doesn't directly allow you to set the output geodatabase location, but you can control the output location by setting the Current Workspace environment.

On the Analysis tab, click the Environments button.

MelindaMorang_0-1658415646231.png

In the Environments dialog, set the Current Workspace environment to the geodatabase of your choice.

MelindaMorang_1-1658415704338.png

When you run Copy Network Analysis Layer, the analysis data of the original layer will be copied into this geodatabase, and a copy of the layer will be added to the map.

0 Kudos