Cannot find route between different roads

06-20-2014 10:44 PM
gunajitsarma
New Contributor
I am trying to find a new route in network analysis. It is working properly if I select between the same type of roads ie. Highway to Highway. But when I try to find route from Highway to earth road or any other class for that matter it shows error saying that stop cannot be located
[ATTACH=CONFIG]34788[/ATTACH]
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
either the location is not close enough to the road or there is a break in the road network.  All road types must be in the same layer and there can be no disconnects
0 Kudos
gunajitsarma
New Contributor
either the location is not close enough to the road or there is a break in the road network.  All road types must be in the same layer and there can be no disconnects

All roads on the same feature dataset. Plus I have confirmed, there is no disconnect between the roads.
0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
then the destination isn't within the search tolerance of the road or there is some other road restriction preventing it from being reached.   try performing a network analysis near the point then progressing backwards along the network until you find the bottleneck
0 Kudos
RamB
by
Occasional Contributor III
Please check:

1. the connectivity rules of your network dataset (endpoint, midpoint, any vertex)
2. may be some mistake with definition of hierarchy (wrong coding of roads)
3. May be some accidental mistake with oneways
4. most often than not this error occurs when line segment are not connected at intersections (visually they might appear to be connected), so check for such issue also.

regards,
0 Kudos