Build Errors with Traffic Data

08-13-2014 12:17 PM
ToddFagin
Occasional Contributor II

Greetings all,

I am trying to build a Network Dataset with historic traffic data. (The traffic data are actually completely fictitious designed solely for the purposes of trying to learn how to configure a network dataset).

The best I can tell both my tables and feature class are configured properly (with the exception of EdgeFCID--I have not idea how to determine the feature class ID; I only have one feature class participating in the network, though, so I went with 1 since that was the value the tutorial data used). When I build the dataset, I receive the following message: SourceName: Streets_DailyProfiles, ObjectID: 6, Network edge not found with positions 0.000000 to 1.000000.

It then replicates this error for every ObjectID for which I have configured the daily profiles.

Any suggestions on why this is and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Todd

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AsafBen-Ari
New Contributor III

Hi Todd,

The Feature Class ID is automatically defined when you import the streets FC into the Feature Dataset, and it is often different from 1.

If you have a "no turn" FC you can find the FCID over there (since they both relate to the same streets FC).

As far as I know, the only other way to find out the FCID is through a code.

Asaf.

0 Kudos
AsafBen-Ari
New Contributor III

Another option is to use this "Dummy" data:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=ab6d78835f6f4fb991accbafdb3ed41a

Asaf.

0 Kudos
ToddFagin

Thank you for the reply. I have been out of the office and haven’t been able to give this a try yet. I will first thing tomorrow.

Again, many thanks.

0 Kudos
ToddFagin

I found the answer to my question about the FeatureClassID. It is actually easy to determine once you know where to look:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#//0047000001rz000000

Knowing this fixed my problems.

Many thanks.

Todd Fagin

Oklahoma Natural Heritage Inventory/

Department of Geography and Environmental Sustainability