ArcGIS Pro VRP Setting Route Zones

Jump to solution
06-28-2018 11:56 AM
DevinUnderwood3
New Contributor III

I have tried to go from Desktop to Pro and there are some differences regarding Network Analyst Routing.

I can't seem to figure out how to set hard route zones based on a polygon layer. This is easy in desktop since you can just load zone locations.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

The output is the route layer. And yes you can put that into a mobile map package.

Or on the VRP tool, you can check on the "Save Route Data" option. This will package the output route to a zip file on you disk drive. You can then use the Share As Route Layer tool to take this zip file and share as a route portal item. And that can then shared as well.

Share As Route Layers—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Jay Sandhu

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

In ArcGIS Pro, the VRP solver is supported via the SolveVehicleRoutingProblem GP tool. It can take in a route zones polygon as input on that tool. See the doc (search for route_zones on the web page) for more info:

Solve Vehicle Routing Problem—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Jay Sandhu

DevinUnderwood3
New Contributor III

Thank you for the advice.

I can see that the VRP window in Desktop is not used in Pro.

The use of zones and depots in my analysis is only possibly with the GP tool.

0 Kudos
DevinUnderwood3
New Contributor III

What is the output ? Route lines feature class ?

I want to then share the ouput as a mobile map package.

0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

The output is the route layer. And yes you can put that into a mobile map package.

Or on the VRP tool, you can check on the "Save Route Data" option. This will package the output route to a zip file on you disk drive. You can then use the Share As Route Layer tool to take this zip file and share as a route portal item. And that can then shared as well.

Share As Route Layers—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Jay Sandhu

DevinUnderwood3
New Contributor III

Thank you for the advice.

I will certainly check the "Save Route Data" and share it to my Portal and then to Navigator.

DevinUnderwood3
New Contributor III

I finally was able to solve and save the Route data as a .zip file.

I shared it to my Portal and wanted to know why I cannot see the Route Details such as minutes/miles and start stop time as seen in this web page example. Also, I don't see the Directions.

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/field-mobility/plan-a-route-in-online-and-us...

Why does the route table data show meters and not feet. I set it to feet in Pro.

0 Kudos