ArcGIS Pro 2.5: “create network dataset” tool ends up with an empty “junction” layer,

Jump to solution
04-15-2020 01:25 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.5: “create network dataset” tool ends up with an empty “junction” layer,

I couldn’t figure out why the “create network dataset” tool ends up with an empty “junction” layer.

In ArcMap, the created “junction” to used to have point at each intersection

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Create Network Dataset—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

• Once you create and configure the network dataset, it must be built using the Build Network tool.

Was that step completed?

It is the last step in the tutorials links I posted to you earlier

Create a network dataset—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Create Network Dataset—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

• Once you create and configure the network dataset, it must be built using the Build Network tool.

Was that step completed?

It is the last step in the tutorials links I posted to you earlier

Create a network dataset—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Dan.

In ArcMap, as the network dataset is created, the junction layer is created by default and filled with all values without the need to build the network. In Pro, the junction layer is created but empty. The "build network" tool resolves the issue

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
Cayce
by
New Contributor

I am having the same issue but am using the Build Network tool.  I am creating the network dataset based on existing junction point data as well as street data.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

If you are using your own data to define junctions, then the automatically generated SystemJunctions feature class could be empty. This is because your own junctions adequately serve the purpose, so the software doesn't need to automatically create any. The SystemJunctions feature class will still be created, however.

Cayce
by
New Contributor

Thank you! I realized it seems to be working ok even with the empty junction layer.

0 Kudos